Thursday, January 22, 2009

In the mood to share again, I guess. A lot of the times, in our relationships, we make assumptions about what is acceptable and what isn't. This is why sometimes, there are conflicts. It is 'unfortunate' that we do not have a written contract stating explicitly the terms involved in these associations. But here comes the twist, the beauty of these same relationships, friendships and the like is that we can say, "I find you worthy enough, so much so that I am willing to take the risk with you of getting misunderstood. (yeah yeah and all the rest of it) ..". A while back (a good while back), I thought about this and penned this poem from one party's perspective. One of these days, hopefully I get the words, I will write the balanced 'other' view. enjoy!

FRIEND, ANSWER

Did you, or was it just me?
Did we both mean the same things,
when we assumed our friendship,
to join forces against our enemies?
Will you come with me to battle?
Will you fight on my side?
Or will I confuse you for the foe
because you stand on his line?
Can you look me in the eye?
Can you not tell another lie?
Can you not kiss me on the cheek,
With your heart so full of deceit?

No, your pockets are bulging with 29 pieces,
deal is done,
I am, comparatively, a silver chunk cheap.

I hear noises,
silver coins jingling.
Is it you lurking?
Do I need to lock my kids in?
Or should I just tell them stories of you?
'Tonight, my sons,
it's the scary tale of what fake friends do'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home